Full Circle

After much work and some minor setbacks she is finally ready.






She still sputters a bit but I was able to take my first ride after over twenty years. This is a Yamaha Virago XV920MK or a Midnight Virago as it was named. She is from 1983 and rides fast and comfortably.

It was a great ride, even though it was a short one, maybe 30 minutes. The wind rushing through, the roar of the engine between your legs and the knowledge that you are in control make for a pretty exhilarating experience.

The next step now is to get used to riding with another rider. I always rode by myself, except the few times I paced Rudy with his moped, so riding with someone else will take some getting used to. Have to work on communication and signals and a few other things, but we have a few weeks before our planned trip cross country. That is going to be phenomenal. I am planning on taking the laptop and updating the blog every time we stop at a coffee place or a Mcdonalds with wifi.

My Achilles heel on the left foot swells up periodically. The tendon on my right biceps tore a few years back and it bothers me from time to time. My right hip locks up sometimes. I am falling apart little by little, but when I am on that bike all the pains and aches go away and I feel the tension fly away with the wind.

I was born to ride!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Work.

My prayer

Camping